Piercings of the mouth
- Tongue piercings: Immediately apply ice after piercing to control swelling.
- Refrain from smoking and the transfer of foreign body fluids until swelling subsides.
- Rinse 2 times daily with Glyoxide followed by Listerine. Use Glyoxide for 3 weeks.
- Remember to check jewelry periodically to make sure it is fastened properly.
- On lip or labret piercings, wash outside surface with a Q-tip and Listerine. If red or sore, within first three to four days, apply a very small amount of antibacterial ointment to outside surface.
All Other Piercings
- Always wash and rotate your jewelry when showering.
- Wash piercing and jewelry with antibacterial soap 2 to 3 times a day. Then clean jewelry and piercing using body piercing solution until piercing is healed. Gently apply solution with a Q-tip, rotate jewelry, dab off excess with dry Q-tip.
- Never rotate or play with jewelry when dry. Just because it looks and feels healed doesn’t mean that it is. Your piercing will take 6 months to a year to become completely healed.
DO NOT TOUCH PIERCING UNLESS YOU ARE CLEANING IT
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call: